[3830] WAE RTTY NP3D/W1(EW1AR) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, asnp3d@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WAE RTTY NP3D/W1(EW1AR) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 19:19:02 -0800
                    WAE DX Contest, RTTY

Call: NP3D/W1
Operator(s): EW1AR
Station: K1TTT

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: PERU, MA
Operating Time (hrs): 36
Radios: SO2R

   80:  225   225    40   208
   40:  460   460   370   213
   20:  583   583   560   158
   15:  111   111    90    98
   10:    2     2     0     4
-------------------------------
Total: 1381  1381  1060   681  Total Score = 1,662,321

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

First of all I want to thank Dave, K1TTT for allowing me to use his super
Station.
It takes me about 4 hours to drive to Dave's house located in Peru,
Massachusetts and I never felt sorry about those trips!

Not sure though when (if ever) I will be able to beat Mike, K4GMH.
Maybe last year, Mike? Especially if you will not participate? :)
Speaking about North American stations - Mike is a real Leader.

Conditions I think were better than expected, especially on 20 and 40 meters.
Even 15 meters were opened in the mornings. Bands were crowded, if you lose the
frequency, it was really hard to fing a free spot later.

I think that activity was almost the same as during CQ WW RTTY in September.
Sending and receiving QTC's is a fun and as usual some stations were confused.

Please read AA5AU web page. Don explains step by step how to deal with QTC's.
I counted about 6-7 stations out of ten which were sending or receiving QTC's
and other 3-4 hams objected to do so.

Too bad, that 10 meters is still dead. I managed to work two stations on 10
meters on Sunday-N1BAA and ZX2B.

I beleive that WAE RTTY Contest is becoming more and more popular with every
year and I would like to thank the management of this Contest for their hard
work and of course all stations who called me and answered my calls.

See you all in OK RTTY in December!

73's Andrei EW1AR-NP3D