[3830] SS SSB AD1C Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jjreisert@alum.mit.edu
Subject: [3830] SS SSB AD1C Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 17:54:10 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: AD1C
Operator(s): AD1C
Station: AD1C

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 13

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  210
   20:  151
   15:   20
   10:
------------

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Radio:     ICOM 756 Pro III (100W)
Antenna:   half-G5RV in attic
Software:  WriteLog 10.69B
Hardware:  none (human voice)

Sections missed (but heard): PR (WP4SK), YT (both VY1EI and VE8EV)

I really didn't intend to operate this much.  I was hoping to catch an AR
station or two (to finish LoTW WAS), but got totally sucked in.  I had no
goals, until I started to get close to 75 mults (to win that coveted magnet).

Much less efficient effort than CW two weeks ago.  I had only one short run on
20 meters, I just could not get anything going.  I just tuned and tuned and
tuned...

I got really lucky several times.  I found VE4GV and was his 2nd QSO.  I don't
know how I got through to VO1MP on 20, much later I found him with little/no
pileup.  My wife brought me a cup of coffee while I was calling in the N0GF
(ND) pileup on 40.  She left, and a couple minutes later, in the log!  I spent
WAY too much time looking for Iowa on 40 meters Sunday afternoon, and finally
worked N0MA for #74.  Less, than 10 minutes later, I found K7ZO in ID for #75
(I worked two more before quitting). N5DO in WTX was my last section.

Here's the count of sections I worked.  At times it seemed every other station
I worked was in MDC:

MDC     22
SCV     21
IL      18
VA      16
WWA     16
MN      15
SV      13
EB      11
IN      11
OH      9
ENY     8
MI      8
STX     8
CT      7
TN      7
CO      6
LA      6
MO      6
NC      6
SJV     6
BC      5
GA      5
NE      5
NFL     5
ON      5
AZ      4
KS      4
LAX     4
MT      4
NNJ     4
OR      4
PAC     4
SF      4
WI      4
WNY     4
WV      4
AB      3
AL      3
AR      3
DE      3
EWA     3
ID      3
NH      3
NTX     3
NV      3
OK      3
ORG     3
RI      3
SB      3
SD      3
SDG     3
UT      3
WCF     3
WMA     3
MAR     2
AK      2
EMA     2
EPA     2
KY      2
MB      2
ME      2
NLI     2
NM      2
SFL     2
SNJ     2
VI      2
VT      2
WPA     2
IA      1
MS      1
ND      1
NL      1
NNY     1
QC      1
SC      1
SK      1
WTX     1
WY      1

Looking forward to CQWW CW in a couple of weeks.

73 - Jim AD1C