[3830] SS SSB KR2Q Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB KR2Q Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 03:49:25 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: KR2Q
Operator(s): KR2Q
Station: KR2Q

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: NNJ FN20ru
Operating Time (hrs): 18.5

------------
  160:    0
   80:  171
   40:   70
   20:  113
   15:   51
   10:    0
------------

Club:

Comments:

I just really have a hard time ejoying phone...

Life as a QRP entrant (at least for me):
1.   8 out of 10 guys either don't hear you at all or struggle to some extent.

2.   1 out of ten get it OK and treat you the same as any other QSO (as it
should be)

3.   1 of 10 will comment THAT'S A VERY BIG SIGNAL FOR QRP, as if to impugn
your integrity.  Oh yeah?  Tell that to the other 8 out of 10!!!

4.  When one QRPer works another QRPer, not only can they hear each other
perferctly Q5, they can even carry on a convesation without missing a word.

5.  Congrats to KC5R who (so far) has the high QRP score.  I heard Al all over
the place, CQing away.

6.  For the first time EVER I worked a VY1 (was also the first time I've ever
heard one).  He was CQing (begging) and I almost fell out of my chair when he
came back to my qrp signal on one call...with no QRM.  Zowie.

7.  Missed AK, MB, ND (heard them all...but all were answering CQ's)

8.  Somewhat depressing to hear so much Europe DX on 15m off the back of the
beam and not be able to work them for points.  But I only have two weeks to
wait until they do (count).  :-)

9.  One day I'll put in all 24 hours...like when 10 and 15 are open again.

Elecraft K3/10 (no built in 100w amp)
402CD @ 80'
OB11-3 @ 70'
2L HB Quad at 60' (tower #2)