[3830] SS SSB W4NF(@W4RM) SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, john.omara@oakmgmt.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB W4NF(@W4RM) SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 05:19:49 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: W4NF
Operator(s): W4NF
Station: W4RM

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:  939
   40:  168
   20:  449
   15:    7
   10:
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Thanks again to Bill (W4RM, my brother) for the use of his station and for the
hospitality of my sister-in-law Lori and my nephew Brian for letting me operate
over the weekend from their home.  The beverage antennas on 40 and 80 meters
worked great and the new full wave horizontal loop we installed for 80 meters
complimented the 120' high dipole.  For being on 80 meters as long as I was I
only had one run in with someone that actually owned an 80 meter frequency 3KHz
above and below where he was operating.  I eventually moved further away from
him while he was insisting that "He" would be the only contact I make all night
as he would call me after every CQ.

There are some big scores already reported so I'll have to see if this score
will even make the Top 10 in Unlimited as it would several years ago.  This
category has become quite popular over the past few years.  One note - I had a
large number of contacts with hams that were first licensed in the 00 time
frame and after.  So there are signs of life for SS Phone in the future.

Thanks for all the Qs and I'll CU in the pileups.  73, Jack W4NF