[3830] SS SSB N0RU Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n0ru@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB N0RU Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 09:24:36 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: N0RU
Operator(s): N0RU
Station: N0RU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Colorado
Operating Time (hrs): 13

------------
  160:    0
   80:   66
   40:   67
   20:   67
   15:   32
   10:    0
------------

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Had a goal to get my first clean sweep.  Did not start out well due to recent
shift work, so saturday was pretty dismal.  As the number of Q's indicate,
spent all of my time tuning the bands looking for mults.  Had radio issues with
the 2nd RX on the Orion, TT needs to get the firmware issues resolved once and
for all.  Sunday afternoon looked promising after finding
2 NT and the QC, only one heard.  Was frustrated with a certain KP4 who failed
to give the proper exchange and when asked what year he was licensed, responded
by saying "94 or 95,I don't know"...time to look elsewhere.  Finally found
another weak KP4 on 20 and got thru when he peaked.  The last two sections
needed were OK and WTX, finally got them for my sweep.  About half way into
this, I reminded myself that I will never be a good contester as I can't stay
in the seat...but kept coming back to find a new mult or two.  Never heard a
peep on 10, man do we need sunspots.  My hats off to all the QRP guys, decided
to skip QRP this yr and go with LP.  Heard several GMCC folks, only worked
W0ETT towards the end.
Gear: TT Orion.
Ants: 3L 20M, TH-7, TH-2, 2L 40M, Hy-Tower, 80M Dipole.