[3830] SS SSB K0ADX(@N0KK) SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0adx@usfamily.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB K0ADX(@N0KK) SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 18:00:17 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K0ADX
Operator(s): K0ADX
Station: N0KK

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs): 19.5

------------
  160:    0
   80:   29
   40:  109
   20:  317
   15:    0
   10:    0
------------

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

This was my first contest by myself operating at home! I was scared ( remember,
I'm only 12 and operating alone for the first time)  but I got the hang of it
after awhile. I wanted to do November Sweepstakes because I enjoy contesting, a
lot!

In the "Shack", there are 14 November Sweepstakes plaques on the wall that
belong to my dad. This really inspired me to do well because maybe one day, I
could have plaques hanging on the wall with "MY" call sign on them.

My goal was 500 Q's. I only got 455 because when I went to bed, I couldn't get
back up in the morning!! I was so tired! But once I got up and got onto the
air.. I was up and going again! I did manage to still operate for 19.5 hours
though the goal was 24. But dad says, "That"s still some serious BIC time!".

Some of the guys that I talked to who live in Minnesota, would say, "Hey there
Kirsten, say hi to your dad for me".  I would just respond by saying, "Ok. No
problem. Go MWA!!!" HI

I am happy that I was able to contest and I definitely can't wait till he next
one and I hope to do better!!!

Thanks to all the ham's out there who encouraged me!!

~ K0ADX,  Kirsten