[3830] SS SSB K6IF(@N6NF) SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dan@andlev.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB K6IF(@N6NF) SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 16:41:31 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K6IF
Operator(s): K6IF
Station: N6NF

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: SCV
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    0
   80:  214
   40:  596
   20:  634
   15:  293
   10:    0
------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

I'd forgotten how bad things are on 20 and 40 - my ears still hurt :-)  I ran
the K3's with the bandwidth between 1.8 kHz and 2.1 kHz all weekend, and still
had a very difficult time with the QRM.

I'd hoped for a personal best this year from Tom's wonderful mountain top
station, but it wasn't to be.  I got off to a very tough start, and was 80 q's
off my previous best pace after 4 hours.  I clawed all of that back by the time
I went to bed, but couldn't get anything going Sunday morning and fell behind
again.

Amazing local competition kept me going during the mid-day doldrums - hearing
N6BV, W6YX, WC6H, N6DE and K6YT all pounding away pushed me through.

For the first time that I can remember, I had to go after mults.  Neither PR
nor NT called me - and without the packet I probably wouldn't have found them.
What was the story with WP3R anyway?

K6IF was:

K3 + AL-1500
K3 + Alpha 77