[3830] CQWW CW K6LRG(K4VU) SOSB/20 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, v31rg@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K6LRG(K4VU) SOSB/20 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 16:27:39 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K6LRG
Operator(s): K4VU
Station: K6LRG

Class: SOSB/20 LP
QTH: California
Operating Time (hrs): 20

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  445    28       83
   15:
   10:
------------------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Great location, nice station, incredible views, but I only have one thing to
say:  I NEED TO GET A FREAKING AMPLIFIER!  I hate frequency battles, especially
with only 100 watts.  But this station still owns JA with 100 watts.

On Saturday morning arrived at the station at 5:00 a.m., anticipating a good
roll into EU only to find that I couldn't get into the station.  I had locked
the wrong lock the night before and broke the key to the correct lock, which
was sitting on the table next to the door.  Duh.  By 6:00, I had said 'screw
the lock' and pried the door open with a claw hammer.

Sunday morning, I missed the exit (another duh) and ended up five miles before
I could turn around.

Band condx weren't too bad.  LOTS of JAs and missed common EU mults like OK and
OZ.  Liked doing the single band thing, and will prolly do it again next time.
Just that next time I'm bringin' an amp.  100 watts is a suggestion -- a kw is
a demand.

Hope all had fun.  CU in the next one.  I'll miss ARRL 160 to go fly high
powered rockets.

73-KB
Robin K4VU - V31RG