[3830] CQWW CW K3PP SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k3pp@k3pp.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K3PP SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 17:32:53 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K3PP
Operator(s): K3PP
Station: K3PP

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    4     2        2
   80:    1     1        1
   40:  236    89       27
   20:  242   111       30
   15:  123    74       24
   10:   12    10        7
------------------------------
Total:  618   287       91  Total Score = 642,978

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Not a great score, but I'm happy with the results. Available time and broken
station parts prevented a full-scale effort.

Station neglect has taken its toll. My Acom amp has been dead for over a year.
I'm finally digging in ,but it's still not fixed. K3II came through again and
loaned me his AL-1200 so I could have some juice! A fallen tree this summer
took out my 40m dipole and other fallen limbs damaged my 80m vertical (I live
in the woods). I managed to build and install a new 40m dipole, but I had no
time to fix my 80m antenna. Work demands have been horrendous.

I fired up assuming I'd be off 80m, but I later found my 160m Inv-V was arcing
to the trees. I was banned from 160 HP lest I set the hilltop on fire!

I was limited to low power on 160m, so I only worked the US mult and a few
Canadians. I could only drum up W3LPL for the US mult on 80m using the 160m
antenna with low power. 40m worked well despite a simple dipole. 20m was good.
I was very strong on 15m and 10m, for what it's worth at this point in the
cycle! HI!

Thanks everyone! It was great fun despite the obstacles!