[3830] CQWW CW K7RL SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K7RL SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 21:42:12 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K7RL
Operator(s): K7RL
Station: K7RL

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 44

  160:   72    17       32
   80:  225    25       59
   40:  752    32       90
   20:  800    35       90
   15:  110    20       39
   10:    5     1        2
------------------------------

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

Excellent activity and quiet solar conditions made for a fun contest.  Going in,
my goals were fairly simple:

- Have fun.
- Keep my butt in the chair as long as possible.
- Make the best of propagation and band openings.
- Try to keep my score close to the west coast competition like N6MJ@W6YI,
K6XX, K6NA, N6TV, KO7AA, K7GK@K7ZSD, and any others I may have missed.
Thatâ??s certainly no easy task with this group of great operators.

If I donâ??t achieve the last goal on my list, I canâ??t necessarily blame
propagation.  The low bands were terrific.  160m was full of EU signals both
nights, and my total represents the most countries ever worked on top band in
any contest.  It was only a few short years ago that 1.8 MHz was a contest
wasteland.  Work the typical ten or twelve mults and Qs, and move on.  Itâ??s
amazing how the band has come to life this year.

40m was as good as I have ever heard it; there was always action somewhere.  It
is strange to see 7 MHz totals that rival 14 MHz in DX contest.  All things
being equal, I didnâ??t think that was possible from the west coast.

Thank you to all for the Qs, and Happy Holidays!

73 de Mitch, K7RL