[3830] CQWW CW WN6K SOAB(A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wn6k@sbcglobal.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW WN6K SOAB(A) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 21:54:56 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: WN6K
Operator(s): WN6K
Station: WN6K

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: SDG
Operating Time (hrs): 12:16

  160:    0     0        0
   80:    4     3        2
   40:   32    12       13
   20:  233    28       57
   15:   14    11       10
   10:    0     0        0
------------------------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Since I figured that my time was going to be limited, I thought that I would
experiment with using 'assisted' to see if I would find more countries and
zones than my normal limited searching and pouncing.  Well that did not prove
all so much as the conditions were very limiting... maybe were there super
conditions then Assisted would have been much more productive.

Good run on Sunday morning of lots of Euros... but it did seem to peter out
here fast.

I made a couple of trips over to my buddy Wild Bill's (WB6BFG) to see how he
was doing and assisted mid-contest with putting up a TH7 antenna on the roof of
his shed which quadrupled his effort and produced loads of fun for him. With an
improvement on the high bands for him, I had to dash back and forth to my house
just to keep 'catching up to Wild Bill'... sometimes its a 'good thing' to help
new contesters...

15m was very disappointing ... we may be in the new cycle but only just dipping
our collective toes in as far as I can tell...

Highlight: Getting called by JW1CCA amidst the mini JA run I had on Sunday
afternoon...first thinking that I had miscopied the call but pleased when he
sent zone 40, new zone new country Priceless

WN6K. Paul