[3830] CQWW CW YU7U(YU7BH) SOSB/40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW YU7U(YU7BH) SOSB/40 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 23:48:06 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: YU7U
Operator(s): YU7BH
Station: YU7BH

Class: SOSB/40 HP
QTH: near Kikinda
Operating Time (hrs): 28

  160:
   80:
   40: 1545    38      140
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 1545    38      140  Total Score = 530,000

Club: SKY Contest Club

Comments:

This was my first contest with the  YU7U callsign. I've spent over 100 hours in
preparation of my antenna system.
( Thank you 4o3a for the excellent idea). It is a triangle phased verticals,
with switching 9 positions system. Location is 10 km away from urban part of
the city. It is a free space where I will not cause any interference, TVI, qrm,
and   angry faced  neighbors:-)

Due to family/work events I could only work 28 hours.

This contest was the best contest in my life ( age 43,  with 30 years of
contesting practice).

Highlights: the answer of my CQ from : h44my, vp8ne, fk8 ( forgot sufix),
oh/vp9, tf3... More than 50 stations from west coast and 100 Ja's. Wow!! And
answer to my first call of AH0BT.
Downsides: arrogant behavior of UU0A guy. who made a terrible QRM after  two
hours of  work on my frequency. ( but contesting is only for tough guys:-))

I am sad that a couldn't work for the whole 48 hours, but I am happy for the
chance to improve my setup performance.

Setup: ft2000 + OM power amplifier, phased verticals arrays by 4o3a ( in
reserve there was a Comtek).
N1mm loger, and no cluster.

Just made QSL cards with yu7u ( thanks Gennady), and will send for all qso's.

YU7U

(yu7bh@yahoo.com)