[3830] CQWW CW OH4A(OH6KZP) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kim.ostman@tut.fi
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW OH4A(OH6KZP) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 03:32:29 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: OH4A
Operator(s): OH6KZP
Station: OH4A

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Kisko
Operating Time (hrs): 44
Radios: SO2R

  160:  656    19       57
   80: 1160    31       86
   40: 1066    33       97
   20:  815    34       97
   15:   99    25       60
   10:   11     5       10
------------------------------

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

While helping to maintain the OH6LI/OH4A station the weekend before the contest,
I wondered aloud where my traditional autumn cold has been this year. Sure
enough it turned up just in time for the contest. Anyway, this was my first
SOAB operation in CQWW from a big station, so I guess my adrenaline level was
running so high on Friday evening that the cold just decided to disappear
graciously.

Didn't want to submit myself to the full-fledged 48-hour torture (yet!), so I
opted for sleeping about 3.5 hours the second night. While at the radios,
though, I must say that the level of activity this contest generates is nothing
less than amazing. Bands were absolutely packed with stations, well at least the
ones that were open.

Low bands were great: Nice with some 160m and 80m W/JA action, 40m at times
questionable but especially during daylight on Sunday it was a fabulous DX
band. High bands were a disappointment: 20m closed very early both days,
conditions on 15m marginal but still good for some multiplier work. Even
managed to squeeze two qsos to W for the double mult.... 10m was just about
non-existent.

Again nice to see the increasing activity of Chinese hams also on CW and all
the contest peditions. Missed some "easy" country multipliers, so that's one
thing to improve on. Thanks to all who QSYed to give a mult.

And thanks again to Jukka OH6LI for letting me work from his station; this time
he was firing up the 160m gear at OH0V.