[3830] CQWW CW VY2SS SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW VY2SS SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 08:49:48 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VY2SS
Operator(s): VY2SS
Station: VY2SS

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: PEI
Operating Time (hrs): 16

  160:    9     5        6
   80:  180    11       39
   40:  117    10       31
   20:  661    17       64
   15:   33    11       25
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 1000    54      165  Total Score = 531,513

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

Antenna

160M:Inverted "L" 50 feet vertical and 6 radials
80M: 1/4 wave vertical with about 20 radiaLs
40M to 10M R7 multiband vertical

Power
160M: 100W
80M to 10M: 500W

My beam is still not working.  I was hoping to have it for this contest but
that didn't hurt as bad as my back.  I hurt it moving a tower before the
contest and did the entire contest on pain killers.

I only lasted 2.5 hours on Friday night but vowed to run late on Saturday. Then
my son paid a surprise visit to watch a hockey double header. 14 hours gone out
the 48 but half of that would have been sleep time.  Then another visitor on
Sunday. Where are these people during the week?

VY2TT took away the bottom half of 20M but surprisingly was not a problem on
the other bands.

I was dissappointed with 40M but it came to life near the end of the contest so
I could catch a few mults.

I had a good time as always. Next year, more power!