[3830] CQWW CW OZ7BQ SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, oz7bq@yahoo.dk
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW OZ7BQ SOAB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 13:22:19 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: OZ7BQ
Operator(s): OZ7BQ
Station: OZ7BQ

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: Hørsholm
Operating Time (hrs): 30

  160:  110     5       32
   80:  216    10       50
   40:  161    12       52
   20:  171    15       45
   15:    2     2        2
   10:    -     -        -
------------------------------

Club: Danish DX Group

Comments:

This years preparations payed off well both in terms of claimed score and number
of QSOs. 10 and 15 Meters were disappointing, 80 and 160 Meters performed much
better than expected, in particular considering my QRP status.

In this contest S&P operation is a must for a QRP station, so one has to rely
on CQ-calls from LP and HP stations. If stations sends their call signs too
often it slows down the QSO speed, if the intervals are too long, S&P stations
can not afford to wait, but must move on to maintain the QSO rate. It is a
difficult balance, and if the pile up is too big, it is just a waist of time to
keep calling. The fun part is to find your optimal rate not least considering
the hunt for multipliers. Hopefully not too many opt for S&P operation.

Again this year I am amased just how many stations you can work with a K2 and
10 watts to an inverted L antenna for 160, 80 and 40 Meters and a sloping 20
Meters dipole for the higher bands. All located in a small suburban garden.
Next year I will have to improve time planning in order to get a few more
productive operating hours as well as time for food and sleep. Also I need to
find an efficient way to catch other stations operating in S&P mode.

73 and good DX. OZ7BQ