[3830] CQWW CW W6YI(N6MJ) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n6mj@adelphia.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W6YI(N6MJ) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 21:22:32 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W6YI
Operator(s): N6MJ
Station: W6YI

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 46.5
Radios: SO2R

  160:   78    17       30
   80:  384    30       87
   40:  957    34      108
   20:  909    35      117
   15:  207    25       53
   10:    2     2        2
------------------------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks again to W6YI for the use of his station.  This was the first time I have
ever had the chance to do CQWW CW as a single op, and I have to say it was alot
of fun!  I definately need to try it again when the sunspots come back.

Low band conditions were great from southern California.  I worked about 100 EU
on 80m, and even worked a few on 160.  I could have worked more on 160, but they
all seemed to have such big pile ups and it would take me forever to get
through.  The only time I could actually run EU was for about an hour on 20m
each morning.  Sometimes we can run EU on 40m, but I was never able to work
more than a few at a time before the freq got taken over.  I only worked 1 EU
on 15m, and 10m never opened anywhere other than to LU1HF.

Thanks to all the JA's that got on.  It would be nice if there was more of
them, but I'll take what I can get.   I worked a total of 1125 q's with zone
25.  15m was open all 3 days to JA, but they never seemed to move the S meter.
Only worked 46 JA's there.

Congrats to all the big scores out there.

73,
Dan N6MJ