[3830] CQWW CW LY8O(@LY1PM) SOSB/20 QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW LY8O(@LY1PM) SOSB/20 QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 00:40:58 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: LY8O
Operator(s): LY8O
Station: LY1PM

Class: SOSB/20 QRP
QTH: KO25TM
Operating Time (hrs): ~29
Radios: SO2R

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  617    32      122
   15:
   10:
------------------------------

Club: LCG

Comments:

WOW! Never ever immagine it is possible to work such a number of multipliers
with QRP! Heard zones 2 and 3 with no chance to reach and perhaps 15 more
countries with no luck to complete the QSO. Have had a big fun with two radios
+ two independent stacks + very light introstation qrm. Many times feel funny
sitting with one mult in the left ear and another in the right and jus pressing
F1 cosequently in one of PCs. First plan was to participate HP on 40m but one
week before the contest strong winds broke one (lower) of our new 2x2el Moxons
antenna so the decision was 20mQRP to reach new local record - wich was done
succesfully, twice :) Unfortunately conditions were too short for better number
of QSOs - band closed at around 17z on Saturday and about 15.30z on Sunday. On
Sunday there was an unexpected nice CQ in the afternoon somewhere 14.130 .. 140
MHz with dozen of W/VE stations. Thank you guys!!! And thanks for everyone for a
super weekend - still under impression.
Equipment :
IC-756pro3 tuned to 5W + 3 x KT34XA on 42m rotary mast.
IC-756pro2 tuned to 5W + 3 x 5 el. yagis on 49m rotary mast.
Software - WinTest.
Yehh, with such setup life is not too short for QRP :))
My biggest thanks to Petras LY1PM for his possition and all hospitality.

73, Remi LY8O