[3830] CQWW CW GM7R(GM0NAI) SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, gm0nai@btinternet.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW GM7R(GM0NAI) SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 10:08:05 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: GM7R
Operator(s): GM0NAI
Station: GM0NAI

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Culbokie
Operating Time (hrs): 28.5

  160:
   80: 1080    27       88
   40:
   20: 1038    30      110
   15:   62    18       45
   10:
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Antennas Cushcraft 10,15,20m tribander and 1/4wave vert on 80m

160m No antenna yet.

80m Struggled severely with the lack of RX antennas. Otherwise went Ok seemed
to be loud enough on TX to hold a run freq.

40m No antenna yet

20m Good fun and QRM not as bad as the SSB leg!   Got into a nice freq 14.0255
just above the general and advanced US band edge. Good run to W on Saturday
afternoon. Looking forward to ARRL DX already.

15m Just multing via point and click from cluster.

10m Didn't venture on this one

In general good fun and got me some more CW practice which I sorely need!
Need to install 40m and 160m before ARRL DX in Feburary.
Had a really funny incident with the num lock on my new small footprint
keyboard
Was running and must have accidentally hit the numlock key.
The small footprint keyborad doesn't have a seperate number pad on the RHS so
it turned UIOJK and L into 45612 and 3!
This was really confusing and caused some stress trying to get the callsigns in
the log.
The numlock key has already been removed to stop any re-occurence.

Equipment operated without any issues. Amp tripping problem not evident on the
CW leg.
Need some more investigation as to trips on SSB. Fault code indicated high
VSWR.
Have re-made all Balun, log cell and feeder connections since.

Thanks for the QSOs.

73

Jim GM0NAI