[3830] CQWW CW C6AQQ(ND3F) SOSB/40 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, brian@braintrustcorp.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW C6AQQ(ND3F) SOSB/40 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 09:32:15 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: C6AQQ
Operator(s): ND3F
Station: C6AQQ

Class: SOSB/40 LP
QTH: Nassau, Bahamas
Operating Time (hrs): 29

  160:
   80:
   40: 1620    30      104
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 1620    30      104  Total Score = 508,400

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Enjoyable contest from a new site on New Providence Island (a private home).
Some OTH radar or other wideband "buzz" made going tough for hours at a time,
but the K3 loaned to me by W8ZN performed flawlessly.  Missed many mults on
Sunday who couldn't hear my weak signal in the pileups.   Was nice to have EL2
and A43 call in among others!  Antennas were a trap (40/20/15) 1/2 sloper
against a 35' aluminum push up mast tied to a palm tree with a 1/2 wave
vertical passive director to EU during the evening and NW/US during the early
morning; also a trap dipole at the top of the pole for higher angle.  The
ground-mounted verticals for the 80/160M did not work well at all.  The Asian
stations were very loud here both short path in the morning and long path in
the afternoon, but were stronger and easier to work outside of the
contest...will try again next year!  Thanks to all.