[3830] CQWW CW GU4YOX SOSB/40 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW GU4YOX SOSB/40 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 10:22:48 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: GU4YOX
Operator(s): GU4YOX
Station: GU4YOX

Class: SOSB/40 LP
QTH: Guernsey
Operating Time (hrs): 28+

  160:
   80:
   40: 1046    23       85
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 1046    23       85  Total Score = 187,812

Club: Chiltern DX Club

Comments:

After a few months off the air due to a flood in our home, I was delighted to
get back into operating again after a full shack rebuild, and what better way
then CQWW CW! I really enjoyed myself this year pottering on 40M. I thought
conditions were good here in Guernsey working ZL's and US at lunchtimes. My
Win-test stats show 27% of all QSO's were with N. America and 67% EU with the
balance of QSO's going to other continents. My highlight was working a handful
of JA's taking a quick QRZ JA during pile ups and working 3X5A and the OX5AA. I
tried breaking the EU wall to work HL but couldn't get through. I did not work
any GJ's or GD's either ! The weather held out OK and was a steady 7 to 9C.
Antennas were Inverted V at 60' and a 40M ground plane as well. Had to do a few
domestic chores over the weekend but just enjoyed getting back in there. Thanks
to all for all the QSO's, the QSL letter box was full today when I got in from
work! See you all next year, 73 Bob GU4YOX