[3830] CQWW CW YU6DX SOSB(A)/40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, yu6dx@yaho.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW YU6DX SOSB(A)/40 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 13:41:46 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: YU6DX
Operator(s): YU6DX
Station: YU6DX

Class: SOSB(A)/40 HP
QTH: nr.Belgrade
Operating Time (hrs): 41

  160:
   80:
   40: 2047    37      139
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 2047    37      139  Total Score = 549,472

Club: YU Contest Club

Comments:

Greetings to all!
What a nice contest,40 meters really rules!
Arrived  at location 2,5 hours before contest,10cm of snow on the ground,rain
and strong wind,and lot of job to do.
Pulled 24 radial out of snow,added 4 more on bad wx condx,that job took 1,5
hours of mu precious time.When I finished ant job,another problem pop
up,problem with my lap top,and cat interface plus telnet via mobile phone,com
ports on my comp go crazy,that all happened 10 min b4 contest,I could not solve
that problem because contest will begin soon.I decide to use cluster via
mob.phone.
When test started I decide just to collect mtpl first nihgt and not to call
cq,I thought it is better to collect more as I can.
After 4 hours only 80 qso but good mtps with 29 zones.
started with cq in the morning,and it was fun.After 12 hours 800 qso was in
log.
KC1XX,W3LPL...etc were all the time on 40 wow!Lot of station from asia very
early with good signals!Next morning(sunday) i saw that some 6 radials were
pulled,thanks to my dog DINGO who played well with them.I fix that problem
fast,and carry on with test,well lot of time was spend to chase
mtpl,ve2,c98,9m6,ah0...but they are in the log.Missed OA4 first nihgt,he had
big pile up,and my 400 W fl 2100z with one new and one old tube was not enough
to break thru,then KL7 ...nobody,saw later that kl7wv was active...:( so no
zone 1,34,and 11.Heard CE3AA,abd CE3BFZ but no chance ,maybe with OM power
sometime:)when I collect money.
Congrats to all on a good scores,it was a lot of fun and my simple verical done
great job!Missed abt 200 qso chasing mtpl,first night that is my evaluation.
Great sig:
VK6LW,VK2IA,AH0BT,KH7B,KH7X,KH6LC,9M6/N2BB,ZM2A,ZM2M,ZM2B....WELL ALL EAST:)
KC1XX,W3LPL...
C98LW nice sig with 100w,5X1NH,ZS4TX....
YW4D,P40,D4C,HC5WW etc.
Again thanks to all,and this is first ww with my new call YU6DX.

73 best dx & cu in contests
Alex

equipment:
YAESU FT 1000 mp FIELD