[3830] ARRL 160 G3LET Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 G3LET Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 00:59:35 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: G3LET
Operator(s): G3LET
Station: G3LET

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Pease Pottage
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 377  Sections = 50  Countries = 0  Total Score = 37,700

Club: Horsham Amateur Radio Club

Comments:

Rig: K3 400W
Antenna: 250 ft sloper (slopes down to NW from 150ft tree), with a couple of
radials also out to the NW.
Logger: Pencil and paper.  SD will be used to build the Cabrillo file.

General Comments
----------------

First time for me in any ARRL contest.  I was disappointed in the performance
of my sloper in CQWW last weekend (SOSB 160), so I wanted to try it out in its
favoured direction to the US and Canada.  A much more civilised event than CQWW
as well.

Propagation on the second night was very much better than the first, although
of course there was much less to work by then.  Nothing was heard from Region
6, but a call from KL7HG made up for that!

I felt the need for a dedicated receiving antenna, as the wire tends to be
quite noisy.  Apologies to those callers I wasn't quite able to resolve - I did
try hard!   Several took the time to persist and some of those were rewarded
with a completed QSO when signals just lifted above noise level for a moment.

Many thanks for all for the QSOs!

73, Peter G3LET