[3830] ARRL 160 K8FH M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 K8FH M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 06:30:39 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K8FH
Operator(s): +PACKET
Station: K8FH

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Ohio
Operating Time (hrs): 18

Total:  QSOs = 943  Sections = 76  Countries = 18  Total Score = 183,770

Club: Medina 2 Meter Group

Comments:

Used an amplifier for the first time in a contest. The extra power opened a
whole can of problems I never experienced while running low power. Only
operated three hours Friday evening and spent the rest of the night solving the
spurious emissions problem. Even though I was able to solve the problem, I spent
most of the remainder of the contest running low power, except for the DX
pileups. Not so sure the extra power is any kind of real advantage. Always fun
to work the familiar calls over the years and it seemed like there were a lot
of newcomers in this year's contest as well. Great to see the new interest
there.

73, Fred K8FH