[3830] ARRL 160 K0TV M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0tv@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 K0TV M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 07:31:16 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K0TV
Operator(s): N1IW, WO1N, K0TV
Station: K0TV

Class: M/S HP
QTH: New Hampshire
Operating Time (hrs): 31

Total:  QSOs = 1261  Sections = 74  Countries = 42  Total Score = 335,008

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Well, the rate junkie (N1IW) had fun at the start of the contest and just missed
putting 400 QSOs in the log during the first 4 hours. He actually got the last
10 rate well over 200 a few times and kept the last 100 rate above 100 for
quite a while. Watching Mike run is a lot of fun and you can tell that Mike is
having fun too.

The new verticals worked pretty well but there's a little work to be done
before the Stew Perry and CQWW 160. We should have that work completed in the
next week or so.

Stations were packed in very tight. Frequently there were four and five
stations every kHz. Finding a run frequency was difficult and many stations
just came on and started calling CQ without first asking. Several times I was
trying to dig a weak one out when someone just came on less than 100 Hz away
and started calling CQ without even asking. Come on guys, this is supposed to
be the "Gentleman's Band". Just for the record, moving off 100 Hz isn't
enough.

Everyone here had a good time and we look forward to the Stew Perry and the
CQWW 160 coming up.

Congratulations to everyone for a great contest.

Best 73,

Jerry - K0TV