[3830] ARRL 160 WX3B M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 WX3B M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 07:33:10 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: WX3B
Operator(s): WX3B
Station: WX3B

Class: M/S HP
QTH: MDC
Operating Time (hrs): 12

Total:  QSOs = 872  Sections = 94  Countries = 0  Total Score = 184,240

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Figured I'd make a few hundred QSOs in this contest, and I got started a few
hours late.

Wow!  No rate like that in Sweepstakes CW.  Was 100/hour or more until I
decided to take a break.  Didn't hear much DX Friday evening.

Saturday evening, I made sure to schedule my operating time around European
sunrise, and was rewarded with a nice European run.

Much to my surprise, my 300' reversable beverages were absolutely necessary to
complete QSOs both stateside and EU.

There are some pretty die-hard folks on during this contest.  N1LN (and N4CW)
come to mind.  So does N3KS....NY3A....and I tried passing N3ST at the end of
the contest and couldn't do it.  Congratulations to ALL the PVRC members that
participated, I'd say we have momentum left over from sweepstakes.

Those guys in new england (K1DG, KC1XX, K1LZ) were working folks I didn't hear,
I can't wait to see how they did.

73!

Jim  WX3B