[3830] ARRL 160 K7CA Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7ca@infowest.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 K7CA Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 13:19:26 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K7CA
Operator(s): K7CA
Station: K7CA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: UT
Operating Time (hrs): 5
Radios: SO2R

Total:  QSOs = 187  Sections = 65  Countries = 9  Total Score = 30,118

Club:

Comments:

This contest was a good chance to check out my new K3 second receiver that was
received last week and to check out a simple broadside/endfire receive antenna
that I hope will work well in Chile during the Stew Perry and CQ 160 contests
in the next several weeks. The RX antenna seemed to have a great pattern very
similar to my transmit broadside/endfire array.  The second K3 receiver also
worked very well and should be very useful down in Chile.  It will be nice when
Elecraft gets the software finished for the completely independant receiver
performance since using the TX antenna for one of the diversity receivers and
the RX antenna at about 25 dB down for the second receiver meant that I had to
have the attenuator off and the preamp on for both receivers. However the
diversity receive is fantastic and you have to hear it to believe it. See you
all from CE1 soon.  73, Al K7CA