[3830] ARRL 160 WJ9B Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 WJ9B Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 22:48:25 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: WJ9B
Operator(s): WJ9B
Station: WJ9B

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NFL
Operating Time (hrs): 26

Total:  QSOs = 1003  Sections = 72  Countries = 25  Total Score = 205,349

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

With one vertical down in my phased system, I had great expectation for a delta
loop hastily erected off the tower at 90 feet, and extending into the front
yard with the horizontal section fairly low.  Not so fast!

Stateside activity seemed high but rate was way down compared to how I did last
year using phased T verticals.  Carribean stations were much stronger off the
loop, however, while rate on Saturday night was similar to last year...probably
because there  were more stateside stations remaining to work on Saturday
compared to last year.   Europeans didn't come through as well as they were in
testing the loop a few days before the contest (one reason why I was hopeful).
A good rate just wasn't there on Friday, but i sure heard others doing very
well!  I should have used the one good vertical, rather than have two tuned
antennas in the same field.

160 meters is a fun band!  I really enjoyed using K3, delivered a week before
the contest, hooked to an AL1200.  Sweet!

I expect to make antennas repairs for CQ 160 CW.   I hope the Europeans caling
will pardon me for being heard but not hearing, a problem that T verticals
solved for me.  Thanks for the QSOs all, and CU in the CQ 160 CW contest!

73, Will, wj9b, dit dit
Once PVRC, Always PVRC