[3830] ARRL 160 W0UA(@K0RF) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 W0UA(@K0RF) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 16:11:40 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: W0UA
Operator(s): W0UA
Station: K0RF

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 31

Total:  QSOs = 1336  Sections = 76  Countries = 16  Total Score = 262,384

Club:

Comments:

Chuck has been working DX on 160 this fall like it's 20 Meters.  I've been up
there for a couple of hot nights on the band--never heard EU signals so strong!
So when he said his jazz-band had gigs both nights & would I wanna' come up &
give it a try, I said OK, I'll give it a pop. (Didn't we just do a contest last
weekend? Oh well...)

It didn't take long on Friday night to get disabused of those visions of
sugar-plums and S-9 Europeans dancing in my head!  High rates at the start to
be sure, but little DX and only TM6M from EU.  Hey, but there's still the JA
opening, right?  Kinda', but not really...10 JA's worked (and the
impressively-loud RW0)  So I have 1000+ Q's, one EU and 10 JA's for the first
night.  We just need a little Dog X-Ray here!

Saturday night.....uh oh, sounds just like last night!  Combed & searched,
listened and hoped.  Worked Caribbean & South American guys....and 3 Europeans,
CT1ILT (only EU to call me) ON4UN and G4AMT. E77DX and EA8TT couldn't hear me.

One post described the last 10 hours as a "death-march."  In truth, it almost
makes a death-march sound appealing!  But at the end of the "march," right at
sunrise, we had JA's. And NL7Z, VE4EAR and VO1HP called-in for needed
multipliers. Thanks, guys!

Too bad we were too far west to sit at the table & eat like big folks!  Still
great fun! What's up with all the erstwhile dupes?  It had me wondering if I
REALLY worked these guys the FIRST time?!

Thanks, Chuck for the opportunity, your station worked superbly! And thanks to
all for the fun weekend on 1.8...

73,

Geo  W0UA