[3830] ARRL 160 PI4TUE(PC5A) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, pc5a@amsat.org
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 PI4TUE(PC5A) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 13:37:38 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: PI4TUE
Operator(s): PC5A
Station: PI4TUE

Class: M/S HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 6.9

Total:  QSOs = 66  Sections = 23  Countries = 2  Total Score = 3,036

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

Rig:   TS950SDX
Ant:   1/4 wave end fed sloper, sloping down from 240ft
Amp:   ACOM1000
LOG:   N1MM

CQWWCW was pretty fun on 160M a week ago, so I decided to try a few hours in
ARRL160M.  In fact I would only plan to join the first night
I expected to be handicapped since I didn't have any decent RX antennas.

At the University complex we have tried several K9AY (locations) and short
verticals, none really worked so far... So I have to rely on the TX antenna.

Being a newbie in this contest without good ears I was rather disappointed
after sunrise to have just 66 QSO's in the log. Now I understand conditions
weren't that great, so the big guns stated (like the ones with phased
beverages). I had hoped to compare my TX signal with a few local friends but
none of them were around. From the fact that I hardly needed to repeat anything
I sent I guess it was ok...?! I've made 30 second audio recordings of all QSO's
so if someone is interested just drop me an e-mail.

I also must apologize for the sometimes band wide splatter. Something is
definitively wrong with the TRX but at that time I couldn't find out what, also
because the problem was intermittent.

Thank you to all stations who were patient when I kept asking for repeats
(without RX antenna it's rather difficult) and sorry to those stations I could
simply not hear...

73
-- Aurelio, PC5A