[3830] TARA RTTY K4GMH Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4gmh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] TARA RTTY K4GMH Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 19:59:20 -0800
                    TARA RTTY Melee

Call: K4GMH
Operator(s): K4GMH
Station: K4GMH

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 14
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    0
   80:  175
   40:  291
   20:  372
   15:    0
   10:    0
------------
Total:  838  State/Prov = 51  Countries = 55  Total Score = 88,828

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Thanks for the QSOs.  Never ran out of new stations to work.  Also, a number of
new calls (to me) in this Contest.  Always amazing to see the growth of RTTY
activity.

Bands were typical of what we have been seeing.  Listened on 15, but never
heard anyone.

Funny thing: for some reason (old age?) I forgot we had shifted to standard
time.  Figured I had an hour before the start of the Contest.  All of a sudden
heard people calling "CQ TARA...." Still had some last minute adjustments of
the messages I wanted to do, etc.  Didn't get into the Contest with any rhythm
for over an hour.  Then found the second amp. not keying.  Took 15 minutes to
track down a loose connector.  After that the only problem in the shack was the
operator.  Came down with my annual winter cold on Monday and was not anywhere
near 100%.

  73 and Merry Christmas,
  Mike, K4GMH