[3830] ARRL 10 K6CTA SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 K6CTA SO CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 13:02:59 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K6CTA
Operator(s): K6CTA
Station: K6CTA

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs):

   CW:  144    26
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  144    26  Total Score = 14,976

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

UGH! I spent waaay too much time at this. Only made a few contacts on Saturday,
and only had 1 mult! Thought I would CQ for a few minutes Sunday morning to see
what would happen. Wound up with little run. The band was open, as I worked the
East Coast. But, it was very sporadic. Signal strengths were all over the
place. I had the gain (AF/RF) wide open.....would be barely able to copy a weak
station, and then I'd get blasted by on that was S-9. One operating note: with
conditions as marginal as they were, why on earth would you set your CW speed
to 35-40 wpm? And then never slow down, even when the guy on the other side
(me) keeps sending ??? or agn. Impossible to copy with the QSB and odd
propagation. There were a number of stations that never made it into the log
due to that. I found that I needed to slow down to 25 wpm or so to have a good
chance of having people come back to me.

In any event, thanks to those who got on handed out Q's. Maybe in a few years
10 will be back. I hope......

73,
Ed K6CTA