[3830] ARRL 10 VE3KZ SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 VE3KZ SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 15:37:50 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: VE3KZ
Operator(s): VE3KZ
Station: VE3KZ

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: Milton, ON
Operating Time (hrs): 15

   CW:  197    44
  SSB:  138    34
-------------------
Total:  335    78  Total Score = 82,992

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Discovered some gremlins in the 10m yagi and feeder after such a long time of
lack of use. My apologies to those I couldn't copy because of intermittent
noise somewhere between the antenna and the receiver. Something was letting in
a bunch of birdies that could be controlled from time to time by sending a dit
or tripping the VOX. This was also accompanied by a major change in the
background noise. I suspect that the radiated power wasn't up to par either.
The SWR and loading were a little wonky.
Needs a little TLC before we get sunspots again!
73 Bob