[3830] ARRL 10 VA7ST SO CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 VA7ST SO CW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 16:25:46 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs): 2

   CW:  22     7
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  22     7  Total Score = 616

Club: British Columbia DX Club

Comments:

It is better to give than to receive, but on 10M this weekend I didn't do much
of either. Missed 'em all except AZ, CA, CO, MT, NV, OR and UT.

Had aimed to blast through last year's total Qs but fell short by one -- with
22. It can't be any worse than this next year. Let's go Cycle 24!

Heard many S9 pings -- meteor scatter, I believe, lasting long enough for a dit
or dah and gone again. Those I managed to work were usually pretty strong, but
there were a couple of ESP contacts, too.

Blinding snowstorm had the yagi nicely loaded Friday night and all day
Saturday, but thankfully wind knocked it all away as it piled up. Beats the
heck out of ice, which we don't get much of. My thoughts are with K1TTT and
everyone else struck by ice this weekend.

73, and all the best as the holidays approach.

-- Bud VA7ST