[3830] ARRL 10 NE1RD SO CW QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ne1rd@arrl.org
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 NE1RD SO CW QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 17:48:12 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: NE1RD
Operator(s): NE1RD
Station: NE1RD

Class: SO CW QRP
QTH: EMA
Operating Time (hrs): 10

   CW:  19     4
  SSB:   0
-------------------
Total:  19     4  Total Score = 304

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Fewer QSOs than last year, but to more interesting places. Somehow FL and MS
made the trip all the way up here to MA. I was only able to work one FL station
though several others were heard. The MS station, well, at QRP I know I was very
weak. Maybe I'm not in his log... On the other hand, he gave me a 599, right?
{grin} I guess we'll see.

My K2 has problems. K1YA told me on the air that the K2 sounded awful (and
that's not right!). So, I switched to the IC-703 sometime on Saturday. I guess
I can at least claim that I got one honest signal report! The K2 will need to
go on the bench over the holidays.

My G5RV, hidden in the trees from the dreaded condo association, will likely
need some attention after the severe wind storm this week. I didn't even try to
use it. Instead, I set up the TW-2010 vertical dipole in the woods behind my
unit and use that for most of the contest. The other antenna used was a PAR
end-fed for 40/20/10 suspended off my deck into some trees (used mostly to
gauge the relative performance of the TW-2010). Overall, I believe the Traveler
performed well.