[3830] ARRL 10 K8NCC(K8MR) SO Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimk8mr@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 K8NCC(K8MR) SO Mixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 18:58:28 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K8NCC
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: PA
Operating Time (hrs): 3

   CW:  31     12
  SSB:   6      2
-------------------
Total:  37     14  Total Score = 952

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

For official purposes, this is a check log. I operated mobile en route from
Cleveland to Arlington, VA, to do an intrafamily car swap with my daughter. To
pass the miles, I put the HamStick on the roof, the IC-746 on the front seat,
and a 24AH battery in the back seat. But the ARRL does not allow mobile entries
in the HF contests, so this was for fun only (as if there is any other reason).
I used a different call for each state - K8NCC in PA, K8MAD in MD, and W3USA in
DC.  No qsos in VA, as I was busy enough dealing with the traffic in Northern
VA.

Fortunately, the band was much better than I had any reason to expect.
Surprised to work several CA stations.  PA is challenging from a mobile...
several instances of topographic QSB as I went behind hills in the desired
direction.

73  --   Jim  K8MR