[3830] ARRL 10 W3USA(K8MR) SO Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimk8mr@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 W3USA(K8MR) SO Mixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 19:12:16 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: W3USA
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: DC
Operating Time (hrs): 1

   CW:   8     3
  SSB:   9     2
-------------------
Total:  17     5  Total Score = 125

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

The last part of my Cleveland - DC trip on Sunday (see my K8NCC post).  I've
thought it would be cool to operate from DC with the W3USA club call... it
sounds like I'd be there loading up the Washington Monument or the like.  But
it was just as I mobiled into town from the Cabin John Parkway, down M Street
through Georgetown, down Pennsylvania Avenue until it dead ended into the White
House, down Constitution Avenue along the the Mall where I parked for 10
minutes, and then headed out to VA where my daughter lives.

Not surprising how noisy the city can be. I hope the Feds didn't do too much
listening while I was a block from the White House.  Traffic was slow, but that
made for easy logging (on paper).

Fortunately the band was still open to FL. I heard and worked KE3VV in DC on
CW, but the guys on phone seemed quite excited to get the DC mult there.

This could be a lot of fun in a couple of years when we could work somewhere
other than FL and MD.

73  -  Jim   K8MR