[3830] ARRL 10 N2WN SO CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 N2WN SO CW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 05:07:37 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: N2WN
Operator(s): N2WN
Station: N2WN

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: Grainger County
Operating Time (hrs):

   CW:  85     24
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  85     24  Total Score = 8,160

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Limited time to play in this one and it looks like I may have missed a few
interesting openings. 10M is interesting to listen to, particularly after ARRL
160. The propagation can be so fickle and so overwhelming. There were more than
a few times stations sounded like one was tuning across an AM radio dial into a
loud station, yet that station was running and I wasn't tuning. Some of the
stations (K1ZZ comes to mind) would peg my meter, and be gone inside of an
exchange. Florida was the place to be, logged 37 stations from there. A few
stations lost QSOs as they felt it necessary to repeat "5NN" or "5   9   9"
repeatedly and would disappear before a section or callsign clarification could
be heard. No, most of these are not "seasoned" contesters and maybe only play in
this event (probably don't read this reflector or CQ Contest either), but it
would be nice to find a way to get the word out.

Elecraft K3 (the NB did wonders for some loud local noise)
4 element Steppir
n1mm

73,
Julius