[3830] ARRL 10 N0JK SO CW QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n0jk@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 N0JK SO CW QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 07:21:21 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: N0JK
Operator(s): N0JK
Station: N0JK

Class: SO CW QRP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 14

   CW:  128    39
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  128    39  Total Score = 19,968

Club:

Comments:

Used the same 100 ft. long wire antenna taped to the house that had served well
in the 160M contest. Actually had not gotten around to taking it down. It
loaded up and heard well on 10.  I ran QRP to avoid getting RFI into the XYL's
PC. I could work most stations heard on Es and even a few on meteors if I timed
my calls on over-dense bursts. Nice Es opening Saturday evening to Florida. Nice
to say "Hi" to K1TO. Sunday all day Es starting at 1500 UTC to northeast, with
K1ZZ CT starting things off. Later Es to Atlantic seaboard and southeast
states. Best DX was PJ2T and LU1HF!  They sounded like an Es to F2 type link. I
had strong Es to LA and Florida the same time they were in. I almost logged
PY3MHZ, he heard me but faded as he gave his exchange. Thanks also to XE2S and
XE2/N7DD for Mexico. Very loud Es to Colorado at the end of the contest. K0FX,
K0MF, W0ETT, etc 599 + 60! Ran off 11 Colorado Qs in 5 minutes. Like shooting
ducks in a barrel for a flea power station. Picked up KD0S SD and K0PK MN in
the last few minutes for new mults. Lotsa radio fun for 5 watts and a $4 wire
antenna. Happy Holidays to all.