[3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, b38@hilding.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 19:52:04 -0800
                    NCCC Sprint - Dec 129

Call: K6VVA
Operator(s): K6VVA
Station: K6VVA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Locust Peak (Remote)
Operating Time (hrs): .5

  160:   2      1
   80:  20      5
   40:  17      8
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  38     14  Total Score = 532

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

I hate to sound like a proverbial 'Broken Record' folks, but we really need to
S-P-R-E-A-D O-U-T more.  Hardly anyone goes below 040 which is a shame.  Kudos
to K4BAI who always seems to have one ear below 040, however.

Mucho RTTY QRM on 40m was a real bummer.

After adding a weather station, Ethernet switch & webcam to my already
overtaxed solar/battery system on Locust Peak, in the rainy WX everything shut
down again for lack of battery juice.  My neighbor rode up with me this
afternoon (he also wanted to fire a new rifle), and I unplugged enough stuff
and hard powered up the Confuzer in hopes of doing the NS remotely tonight.  We
had enough sun to get the batteries up a bit, but qw came ofd the hill as it
started to rain again.

I reduced my power to 80 watts to save a little juice, and that worked OK.
WriteLog took a dump, however, and had to restart it.  The major problem
tonight besides folks not spreading out enough, was my fumble fingered typing.
I'm really sorry for butchering so many calls.  Part of the problem was having
the tiny font, small screen home ASUS for the remote link to the right of the
keyboard.  I should have hooked it up to the large flat screen directly in
front of me.  My bad.  The audio return delays with IP Sound don't cut the
mustard for Contesting.

Tnx to K1GU and K4BAI for their good ears on 80m tonight.  A very cool surprise
to work N0AX .  Welcome to the NS Sandbox, Mr. Wardster !!!

*** LQP ALERT!!!  If I can get my act together over the Holidays, I'll finalize
details for the 3rd Annual LQP (Locust QSO Party).  Most likely, to be held
sometime during the 3rd week of January.

73 & Merry Christmas to all NS'ers & your families...

Rick, K6VVA * The Locust

Remote Station: TS-480 @ 80 watts to a Carolina Windom 160 on Locust Peak
(about 40w on 160 due to high SWR).