[3830] CQWW CW WI9WI SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jhfitzpa@wisc.edu
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW WI9WI SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2008 17:25:59 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: WI9WI
Operator(s): WI9WI
Station: WI9WI

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs): 28
Radios: SO2R

  160:   27     9       13
   80:  131    19       55
   40:  206    25       81
   20:  435    25       85
   15:   42    17       29
   10:    1     1        1
------------------------------

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

Very slow start here. The MUF to Europe was below 7 MHz shortly after the
contest started. The contest was mostly S&P though I did have a good run on 20
for a couple of hours Sunday morning. Very few second radio QSOs, probably only
20 or so since I was S&P most of the time. I mainly used it to look for openings
on other bands. Only one QSO on 10, a ground wave contact with W0AIH which was
the only station I ever heard on 10 in spite of checking it frequently on the
second radio.

I was pleased with my performance on 40 and 80. My new 2 element vertical array
with a new 2 element Comtek box works a lot better than a low (about 75 ft)
inverted V. I was actually able to work a fair number of Europeans on 1 call
which was hard to do on the V.

73 to all

Jim