[3830] TBDC N2WN Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC N2WN Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 08:18:02 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: N2WN
Operator(s): N2WN
Station: N2WN

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Grainger County
Operating Time (hrs): ~8

Total:  QSOs = 222  Total Score = 1,488

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

I debated going LP before the start of the contest, and that may have been
better considering the front moving thru the US. QRP is a challenge and it was
real hard not being able to work most of the EU stations that were booming in.
Onthe plus side, working GM3POI was great and did manage a "?2WN" from F6KNB.
Not much heard from west of the Mississippi and even less worked. It did
surprise me that a couple stations pulled me right thru with little difficulty
and others not even a ditty dadah ditty. Managed to hold a run freq for over
two hours at a decent rate. This is definitely more relaxed than ARRL 160...
was surprised at the number of folks sending 599 and one gent was sending cut
numbers ENN to save time I guess ;o) Thanks for the patience and QSOs, did
better than I thought I would.

Happy New Year to all!

CU in NAQP CW and CQ160 CW!

Julius
n2wn

Elecraft K3 5 Watts to 72' Tee. Short beverage for EU.