[3830] TBDC PA5KT(@PI4Z) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC PA5KT(@PI4Z) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 09:59:02 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: PA5KT
Operator(s): PA5KT
Station: PI4Z

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 8

Total:  QSOs = 257  Total Score = 1,086

Club:

Comments:

Started with 1 hour at the start of the contest. Continued around 21Z.
At 02Z the rates went down. Also my back was not cooperating so around 0330Z
decided to go home and take some rest.
Conditions looked average till around 02Z, something changed, I could still
hear a lot of East coast and midwest US stations but they didnt hear me
anymore.

Equipment: K3, Alpha 374A (approx 500 watts out) looks like tubes are end of
life.
T-antenna, beverage 200m at around 30cm high to dir NW (USA)/ SE

Will have to work on improving the TX side.

73 Henk PA5KT