[3830] TBDC WD5R(N5ECT) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC WD5R(N5ECT) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 12:02:07 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: WD5R
Operator(s): N5ECT
Station: WD5R

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: AR
Operating Time (hrs): <14

Total:  QSOs = 558  Total Score = 2,533

Club:

Comments:

Put my head in a bucket full of 30 over S9 static for 3 to 4 hours????
Would never have punished my head like that except, after spending so much
time trying to improve a beverage system, didn't want to pass up
opportunity to see if it works. I'm afraid fact that I started out contesting
so late in life, there's no way good receive antennas will overcome old age.

To the P43 that made a valiant effort to get into my log,
your signal was great, my fingers were too FAT.

4 phased beverages, each with 400ft spacing.
4 singles,
1/4 wave vertical with radial system ready for director and reflector,
(ready but not working)

The Stew Perry is a big thing on this chicken farm,
Thanks to all,
Doug, n5ect