[3830] TBDC KA3DRR Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC KA3DRR Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 16:29:38 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: KA3DRR
Operator(s): KA3DRR
Station: KA3DRR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 5.0

Total:  QSOs = 7  Total Score = 18

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

I'll be back for Stew Perry next year in the meantime fixing my neighbor's
control panel on their electric stove is priority numero uno.

I really pushed my sub-optimal antenna with a tuner and the result knocked me
out of the contest. My neighbors are gracious and kind but an overload on the
control panel is annoying. I decided, with a few Qs in the log, that a retreat
this year is an investment for next year.

My radio frequency interference problem suggests improving my RF ground at the
station. We will start with rudimentary fixes then work toward the complex.

On the other hand, Stew Perry Topband Distance Challenge moved into my Top
Three favorite contests. I enjoyed the challenge of working stations on this
monster wavelength even undersized and out powered. The exchange is excellent
and tested my listening skill. Grid squares on the multiplier map added value
to the fun as well.

I had a lot of ham radio fun and can't wait for next year!

73
Scot, KA3DRR

P.S. Entry level contesters, please, ensure one's grid square is correct. My
contest logging program incorrectly identified my grid square causing a bit of
a panic. Thanks to a local operator my error was quickly corrected. I'm
guessing that one's grid square is based on zip code programmed into the
software?