[3830] RTTY Roundup N6WS Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n6ws@n6ws.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup N6WS Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 15:16:37 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: N6WS
Operator(s): N6WS
Station: N6WS

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 11.5

------------
   80:   76
   40:   60
   20:  208
   15:  186
   10:    1
------------
Total:  531  State/Prov = 52  Countries = 18  Total Score = 37,170

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Rig : FT-1000MP MkV Field, AL-1200, microHAM microKEYER
Software : N1MM
Antennas : CC X-9/X-940 @ 17m, 80m sloper @ 12m

 Soapbox : I can say unequivocally, this was the best contest I have played in
this year.  I wasn't able to dedicate a lot of time, but the 11½ hours I spent
pounding keys was fun.  I need to find a keyboard with green keys.

My goals were to get on the air to give out points and work all 50 states.  I
was able to make a few Qs to give out points, but WY, RI, and DE were too
elusive for me to reach the 50 states goal.  The highlight of the contest for
me was having KC7ESB answer my CQ on 10m for my first and only QSO point on
that band.

The published contest rules implied there would be activity on other digital
modes; however, every time I checked the bpsk part of the band I only found
RTTY stations in the contest.  As a result, all of my contacts were only on
RTTY. There was no shortage of stations to work this year.  It is obvious RTTY
is becoming more popular.

Thanks you for all the contacts.

HNY es 73,
Bill