[3830] RTTY Roundup K6CTA M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup K6CTA M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 16:01:28 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: K6CTA
Operator(s): K6CTA
Station: K6CTA

Class: M/S HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 8

------------
   80:
   40:
   20:  291
   15:  180
   10:
------------
Total:  471  State/Prov = 49  Countries = 17  Total Score = 31,086

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

I think that I am developing a love/hate relationship with RTTY! When you get
rate, it can be very high (and a lot of fun!). But the flip side can make RTTY
contesting tedious. I found that using packet was somewhat useless, as many
spots are not on the correct frequency (I use FSK). You know that the station
is on, but need to tune around. I also ran into some odd operating practices,
which I guess isn't surprising. You certainly get time to do other things, even
while running (clicking a mouse and pushing a button doesn't use up much brain
power)! It did give me some time to reflect on the nature of radio contesting
as a competitive "sport". I'm not sure if I like my conclusions after 45 years
of contesting!

Thanks for the Q's! I appreciate all of the effort made by everyone....

73,
Ed - K6CTA