[3830] RTTY Roundup KB7Q(@WA7U) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, gene@geneshea.c
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup KB7Q(@WA7U) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 17:26:06 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: KB7Q
Operator(s): KB7Q
Station: WA7U

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Montana
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
   80:  245
   40:  243
   20:  630
   15:  194
   10:    0
------------
Total: 1312  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 37  Total Score = 122,016

Club: Northern Rockies DX Assn.

Comments:

Sometimes the stars do line up! Sure one piece of gear crapped out in the first
hour, and the 40 meter beam had high swr - but having 15 meters open each
mid-day, along with being able to run on 80, and being loud on 20 made for a
fun time.

Finally, I was able to work Europe for several hours right after sunrise Sunday
and get some multipliers in the log. Sweet!

This was only my second RTTY contest and first Roundup; thankfully I was able
'to school up' via the Internet and convince most folks that I knew what I was
doing! What a wonderfully astute bunch of ops!

The dual peak receive filters in the K3 were superb, and N1MM logger continues
to amaze.

Stay warm!

Gene, KB7Q