[3830] RTTY Roundup K0TG Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0tg@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup K0TG Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 18:20:35 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: K0TG
Operator(s): K0TG
Station: K0TG

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs): 20.5

------------
   80:  141
   40:  358
   20:  166
   15:   17
   10:    0
------------
Total:  682  State/Prov = 55  Countries = 10  Total Score = 44,330

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

Friday night I was testing things out and found that the FT-1000D did not key on
RTTY.  I had trouble with the Microkeyer cable before so taht was the first
suspect.  Sure enough it was open on the PTT and FSK leads.  So I opened it up
and tried to fix it.  With the wire in the cable only being one strand that was
tough to get it back together intact.  Also the leads were getting shorter.
After doing that 4 times and 3 hours later, I gave up.  Plan B was to use the
IC-7000 since I have a cable for that.  Time to get another cable.

I never expected to do so much CQing on the IC-7000.  I had used it before but
am careful with it.  It is a radio that is up to the task that is for sure.  At
least the TX that is.  RX was not terrible, but what do you expect for a mobile
rig.  It really was not that bad on teh RX side.  Now and then a nearby loud
station would blank the RX, but if I chose my CQ freqs carefully all was well.
I was pretty successful on the CQing this time.  Never got much going on 20, but
as you can see 40 was the money band.  I always feel loud on 40 even at 100
watts.  I think it is fact!

The strange callsign award goes to 4A1DXXE.

Good to see all the MWA activity.

Mults missed:  DE, WY, NE, LB, NF, NU, NWT, YT

Had a blast!  Even with the little radio.

73, John  K0TG