[3830] RTTY Roundup N9TF(N9TF/PACKET) M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup N9TF(N9TF/PACKET) M/S LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 20:07:47 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: N9TF
Operator(s): N9TF/PACKET
Station: N9TF

Class: M/S LP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 15

------------
   80:   50
   40:  199
   20:  119
   15:    9
   10:
------------
Total:  377  State/Prov = 55  Countries = 28  Total Score = 31,291

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Always lots of. Just wish I could have been more productive and heard a LOT
better when trying to run a frequency. Got an occasional burst of activity now
and then, but fought to hold my freq. About 50/50 run and S&P, but spent way
too much time calling a new multiplier at times. That really slowed down my
possible rate. And then there was lots of quiet time when I was calling! When I
went to bed early Sunday morning for a 4.5 hour nap, I was at 250 Q's with 6
hours of operating time at that point. Should have finished with over 600 Q's.
I waited in line for what should have been some easy EU mults Sunday morning.
Heard them all strong, but my 50-80 watts and a mini (MA5B) beam at 37' was no
match for most of the other signals calling. Most of those 28 DX mults were
hard fought contacts!
Missed DE and WV for WAS. I must have worked everyone in VA, but never heard a
WV?? Worked 4 RI stations but never heard DE.

Almost doubled last years score, which is always a positive note!

Heard and worked a lot of SMCer's this weekend. Looks like we had a strong
showing...GO SMC...THE BEST BLACK HOLE CONTESTERS AROUND!!

Now to get ready for NAQP-CW next weekend! Happy contest reason, and HAPPY NEW
YEAR!

Station conditions: TS-2000 about 50 to 80 watts to MA5B at 37' on 15/20m, and
various Alpha Delta short dipoles for 40/80 all at 35' apex.

73 Gene, N9TF