[3830] RTTY Roundup AE6RF M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dkerns@cruzio.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup AE6RF M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 22:26:31 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: AE6RF
Operator(s): AE6RF KG6YPH
Station: AE6RF

Class: M/S HP
QTH: SCV
Operating Time (hrs): 15.7

------------
   80:   72
   40:   98
   20:  138
   15:   17
   10:    1
------------
Total:  326  State/Prov = 50  Countries = 7  Total Score = 18,583

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Icom IC-756ProII, WriteLog, MMTTY & DXP-38, AL-80B, 2-el SteppIR, 80m
inverted-vee doublet

My father, Carrol KG6YPH and I made a reasonably serious attempt at this one.

Saturday everything worked pretty well, local noise and other normally loud big
gun stations were absent. Went to bed at a reasonable time on Saturday and hit
it again Sunday morning for the EU opening.

Local noise came back with a fury on Sunday afternoon. After two back-to-back 8
QSO hours, we turned off the radio in disgust.

Other things to whine about were tuner arcing on 40m and the amp "heating up"
or "folding back" on 80m and reducing its output power to ~250W. Oh well.

On the whole a good showing.

73 and GO NCCC!